La Trobe University’s new Juris Doctor program
La Trobe University’s new Juris Doctor offers a global perspective on the law. Offered by an established, experienced and successful law school with a strong commitment to social justice, you can learn from elite legal minds in a friendly and supportive environment, and benefit from a range of unique offerings.
Based at the City Campus in the heart of Melbourne’s legal precinct, the Juris Doctor can prepare you for admission to practice law in Australia.
This internationally recognised degree is accredited by the Council of Legal Education. You can learn from leading researchers and experienced practitioners. Teaching is conducted in small classes and assessment tasks emphasise practical skills and hands-on experience.
Our unique work-integrated learning partnership with the Law Institute of Victoria allows us to match students’ interests with a Victorian law firm and resulting in academic credit.
Our law graduates are law firm partners, government ministers, judges, in-house counsel, barristers and solicitors. As the third oldest law school in the state of Victoria, our graduates hire our graduates. Whether you’re an aspiring lawyer or want a law degree that will help you build another great career, this degree will enhance your career outcomes.
Additional features of the La Trobe University Juris Doctor include:
– the option to complete this three-year degree in two years by enrolling in our accelerated program
– access to the Secretariat of Australian Lawyers for Human Rights (ALHR), a national organisation actively engaged in human rights work and advocacy
– contemporary interactive learning facilities
– work placement options
– electives drawn from our successful Master of Global Business Law Program, which is taught by international faculty from the best law schools in the world
– generous scholarships available for our first intake.
CONTACT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (MADRID, BARCELONA OR AUSTRALIA) FOR MORE INFORMATION & HOW TO APPLY