Find Work and Study to improve your English with Sydney English Academy
- – Do you need to find a job to support yourself while you study English?
- – Would you like to do voluntary work to practice your English while you study English?
- – Would you like to work after you finish your English course?
- – Would you like to find work during your travels around Australia?
The Sydney English Academy team is ready to help you with any of the above. The SEA team has been successfully finding jobs for their English language students since 2001 through the ‘Work Plus’ program
What is the ‘Work Plus’ Program?
Work Plus is a step-by-step program to assist you in finding a job. If you need a job to support you while you study, you can begin ‘Work Plus’ on day 1 of your course and the SEA staff will assist you each step of the way.
What kind of assistance is provided with the Work Plus program?
- – Opening an Australian bank account
- – Applying for your Australian tax file number
- – Helping you to prepare your CV
- – Showing you how to search for job vacancies
- – Helping you to understand job advertisements
- – Assisting you to call prospective employers
- – Teaching you interview techniques
- – Providing information about seasonal work around Australia (for Work and Holiday Visa holders)
- – Providing information about tax and superannuation
The kind of work you can do whilst in Australia will depend on the type of visa you have:
- – Student Visa Holders: can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while studying and full time during any breaks and the last month of student visa. You must attend 80% of your course of study.
- – Working Holiday Visa Holders – can work unlimited hours for up to 12 weeks (or for up to 17 weeks if they are doing farmwork) For Spanish students, this visa won’t be available until 2015
- – Tourist Visa Holders – are not permitted to do paid work in Australia, but maydo voluntary work
If you’d like to know more about this program, contact us